- one c pack dark brown sugar
- half c butter
- a quarter c water
- 1 1/2 c (three hundred fifty mL) pecan halves
- 1 1/4 c Flour
- 3/4 c Cocoa
- one C. 1/2 tsp (five mL) baking powder
- half tsp. (2 ml) coffee
- 1/4 tsp. ( salt
- a quarter tsp. (1 ml) baking-soda
- one c softened butter
- one c sugar
- one C. half tsp (five mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (one hundred eighty ml) well-stirred Egg-Any* liquid eggs
- half cup (one hundred twenty five mL) buttermilk or plain yogurt
Preheat oven three hundred fifty °F (180°C).
Blend brown sugar, butter also water in saucepan; boilling over heat, stirring often, to sugar is melted also mixture is smooth, three to five min. Chop half cup (125 mL) pecans. Stir all the pecans into the caramel and spread in the bottom of a buttered ten-inch (twenty five cm) non-stick tube pan.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, coffee, salt and baking soda. Beat the butter into a frothy cream. Adding sugar, vanilla extract & eggs. with buttermilk or yogurt, stirring this mix into dry ingredients.
Dropping spoonfuls of this mix over caramel and smooth surface. Bake for forty minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Invert the cake onto a plate and let stand for two min. Removing mold also replacing pecans that would have remained attached to the bottom of the mold. Cool completely before slicing.