- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Marsala wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, then add the sausage and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from the pan and drain.
2) Place the pan over medium heat, add the Italian seasoning, basil, garlic and cook for about two more minutes.
3) Add Marsala wine, tomatoes, tomato paste, and stir, add chili flakes if using.
4) Add pepper, onion, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
5) Return the sausage to the vegetable casserole. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
6) Serve with mashed potatoes, noodles, polenta, cauliflower rice or, if used as a sandwich, cut squash buns in half lengthwise. Press the bottom loaf of each bun, being careful not to puncture the crust. Fill the bottom half of the roll with the sausage mixture.
We are pleased to have you subscribe to our site to receive all new ♥️♥️