For the Cake:
- Yellow cake mix I used Betty Crocker Yellow Super Moist
- ¾ cup apple cider NOT apple juice
- ¼ cup water Room Temperature. Note: If you want a stronger apple cider taste, omit the water and use one full
- cup of apple cider
- ½ cup apple sauce we used cinnamon apple sauce, not chunky
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- ¼ tsp cinnamon more if you like it really cinnamony!
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon depending on how much cinnamon you prefer
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- For the Dipping Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the dry cake mix, apple cider, apple sauce, water, and eggs. Add in the cinnnamon (¼ tsp,) brown sugar and vanilla to the cake mix batter. (See “recipe options” in notes)
Pour mix into a well greased & floured bundt pan (we used Baker’s Joy. This has flour in it to make sure it doesn’t stick.)
Place bundt pan on center rack and bake for 40-45 minutes. Test with a toothpick by sticking into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean it is ready. Remove from heat and allow to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
Apple Cider Dipping Glaze
While the cake is cooking, prepare apple cider glaze. Add powdered sugar and 1/4 cup apple cider to a small bowl and whisk to desired consistency
In a separate bowl. Mix cinnamon with sugar.
Once the cake has cooled, brush the entire surface with melted butter. Rub cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated.
Serve with apple cider glaze dip (or drizzle glaze on top of the cake) and enjoy!