- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp dried crushed Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 lb flank steak, fat trimmed
- 1 lb chicken, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 0.50 cup dale’s Seasoning
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic Lime wedges, accompaniment
In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, garlic, cilantro, 1 tablestpoon of oil, dale’s Seasoning, oregano, pepper flakes, cumin and coriander.
Then, pour into a large zip-lock bag, add the steak, chicken and shrimp and close tightly.
Place in a baking dish and refrigerate for 12 hours, turning occasionally.
Remove the meat and shrimp from the bag and pat dry. Preheat the grill to high, and preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes to warm and soften. Remove from the oven and keep warm in the aluminum foil.
Continue to cook the steak over the grill to preferred temperature, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
Remove from the heat and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Cook chicken over the grill until internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Once beef and chicken are fully cooked, place shrimp on grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until done.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat.
Add the peppers and onions, and cook, stirring, until soft and slightly caramelized, 12-15 minutes. Add the garlic, remaining teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, unitl the garlic is fragrant and soft, 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Finally, thinly slice the steak against the grain and slice chicken into 2 inch pieces. Divide steak, chicken and shrimp among the warmed tortillas and top with the vegetables. Squeeze with lime juice and serve immediately.