Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 to 5 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease jelly-roll pan and set aside.
- Add the flour and sugar to a large bowl. Mix it up and set it aside.
- Add the oil, butter, and water to a saucepan, turn it on medium-high, and bring it to a boil.
- Pour the boiling oil mixture over the flour and mix until well blended.
- Add the eggs, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla, and buttermilk and mix with a beater until well blended.
- Pour into the jelly-roll pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to a sauce pan and cook on medium-high.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until it begins to thicken and the brown sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Add the milk and mix it in.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix with a beater until it is smooth.
- Pour over the cake and let cool.