- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced green peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or
- mozzarella cheese
In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
Add flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt and sugar. Beat vigorously by hand 20 strokes. Cover and let rest about 15 minutes.
Divide dough in half; press each portion into a greased 12-in. pizza pan
Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes.
In a skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until juices run clear.
Add onions, peppers, chili powder, garlic powder and remaining salt; cook until vegetables are tender. Spoon over crusts; top with salsa and cheese.
Bake for 14-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
I hope you all enjoy this recipe very much!