- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided.
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Oreo cookies, quartered.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Optional: Whipped cream and chopped Oreo cookies.
Combine crumbs and butter; press the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch.
Whip 1-1 / 2 cups whipped cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese until smooth.
Gradually add the sugar; mix well.
Fold the cut cookies into the filling with the cooled whipped cream.
Spread the filling evenly over the entire crust, flatten the top, and spread it out around the edges.
Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Freeze 1 hour before serving.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
Remove the stove; cool down a bit.
Stir in the vanilla and the remaining 1/2 cup of whipped cream.
Remove the cheesecake from the mold by passing a knife around the edges; get out of the pan.
Spread chocolate frosting over cheesecake.
Serve with whipped cream and additional oreo cookies if desired.