- 1 ¾ cup unsweetened oat milk
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ Tbsp melted unsalted margarine
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 Tbsp matcha (green tea powder)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- More Margarine (for cooking crepes)
- 1 cup lactose free heavy (whipping) cream
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp matcha (for dusting)
- Add the milk and sugar in a small sauce pan and combine well. Heat on medium heat until the milk is warm to touch.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Then slowly add small amount of warm milk while whisking. While whisking, slowly add the melted butter to the mixture.
- Set up a fine-mesh sieve over the bowl and add cake flour, matcha powder, and baking powder. Sift half of the dry ingredients into the batter and whisk to combine the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Sift the rest of dry ingredients and mix until there is no lump in the batter.
- Set the fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl and pour the batter. This will remove any lumps and get a smooth texture. Cover with plastic wrap to refrigerate for at least 1 hour
Cooking the Crepes
- Set a 12-inch non-stick frying pan on low heat. Pour 1/3 cup of batter just enough to cover the bottom of the frying pan,
- Cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook for about 30 seconds then transfer to a working surface lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 with a 10-inch pan and pour 1/4 cup of batter. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and start whisking on lower speed. Once you see bubbles, slowly add granulated sugar. Whip the cream until stiff.
- First place the larger crepe. This will be the top layer when we flip. Put the freshly whipped cream in the middle and spread evenly, leaving outer 2 inch.
- Place another crepe on top and spread whip cream evenly, leaving outer ½ inch. Continue this process until the last crepe is placed on top.
- Prepare a round curved shallow dish and place a large piece of plastic wrap on top. Make sure to remove any air pockets and smooth out. Transfer the mille crepe to the shallow dish
- Wrap the mille crepe with plastic wrap from one corner to clockwise.
- Chill in fridge then flip over again before dusting with matcha to serve.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe very much!