- 250g softened cream cheese (such as Philadelphia)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar (finely granulated)
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice (I like the extra zing of 2)
- 5 tbs thickened cream (cream with at least 35% fat)
- 150-200g biscuits (cookies). I often use Arnotts Nice, but use your favorite. Try Ginger Nuts for something different
- 70-100g melted butter (use the larger amounts of butter & biscuits if you prefer a thicker base)
How to do :
Use a food processor to crush the cookies into small crumbs, or do it the old-fashioned way – place them in a freezer bag and crush the tomatoes or whatever heavy object you have on hand with a rolling pin.
Stir in ghee until smooth. Use salted butter – it goes well with sweet cookies.
Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
Press cookie mixture into muffin cups. Press it down firmly and line it up as it will appear when feeding. Put aside.
Combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. I use my food processor, but any blender/handheld, etc. will do.
Add the egg and beat until blended.
Add the lemon juice and cream and beat again. You should mix it up, but don’t beat too much, as over-beating the cheesecake will crack and crack.
Pour into cupcake boxes – fill about half an inch below the top of the paper crate – they won’t lift too much.
Bake at 160 ° C for 20 minutes.