- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink, 3-5 minutes, breaking into crumbles. Drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, mushrooms, sugar, and oregano; mix well. Spoon onto buns; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4 in. from the heat until cheese is melted 2 minutes.
- To freeze for quick lunches later, place the split and toasted buns on a baking sheet. Spoon the meat mixture onto buns; freeze for 1 hour. Transfer to freezer-safe airtight containers.
- To use frozen burgers: Thaw completely in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat until heated through and cheese is melted 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
1 each: 205 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.