- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, cut into 1 / 4-1 / 2-inch rounds.
- 6-7 bacon slices (I used half a 375g packet) lengthwise, then cut into smaller pieces.
- salt and pepper.
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary.
- 5-7 sage leaves (depending on size).
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until fork tender (do not overcook!) Drain and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking process.
Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
Add the bacon and cook until desired doneness is reached, about 10 minutes.
Remove from pan (but leave all that bacon grease in the pan!)
Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
You want a nice golden brown colour to them.
Stir in bacon, rosemary, garlic, and sage.
I left the sage whole for added flavour, and it can be easily picked out.
Cook for a couple of minutes or until garlic is nice and aromatic.