- 1 410 g tin of pink salmon
- 1 stick of celery finely diced
- 1 large potato cooked and mashed
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 2 eggs
- Salt, pepper, parsley, dried onion flakes and garlic granules to taste
- 1/2 cup of dried seasoned bread crumbs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 ½ cups of dried seasoned bread crumbs
- Olive oil for cooking
Drain the juices from the salmon and flake it in a large bowl. Add the celery, potato, carrot, 1 egg, lemon juice, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and seasonings. Mix well. Line up three bowls on the bench. One with flour, one with egg and milk mixed together and the last one with the seasoned bread crumbs.
Spoon the salmon mixture into balls using a dessert spoon. Roll in the flour, roll in the egg mixture then coat with the bread crumbs. Once all the patties are done, cook in a fry pan with some olive oil until browned on each side. Flatten the patties with a spatula while they cook. Alternatively, spray the patties with olive oil and cook in the oven for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees.
Makes about 12 – 15 patties which is enough for 5 – 6 people