- 16-20 chicken wing/drummettes
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons apple juice
Additional items needed for smoking-
Texas Roadhouse wood chips (or apple wood or hickory will do), soaked in water for 30 minutes
1 cup each apple juice and water.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pepper, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Sprinkle over the wings and toss to coat. Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Add the water and apple juice to the water pan of the smoker. Add 1 cup wood chips. Preheat smoker to 225 degrees. Place the wings on the top shelf of the smoker and cook for 45 minutes. Turn wings and cook for another 45 minutes.
- While wings are smoking, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the honey, barbecue sauce, and apple juice. Cook until warmed through.
- Remove wings from smoker and place in a disposable aluminum pan. Pour the warm sauce over the wings and put back in the smoker on the 2nd shelf. Allow the wings to cook another 45 minutes. You can finish them off in a 450 degree oven for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165-170 degrees).
Get out the napkins and enjoy!