INGREDIENTS for the base (i used the mold 22/24 cm) :
• 250 gr of shortcake cookies (like graham crackers or any kind of cookies used for a cheesecake base)
• 80 gr of butter in chunks (has to be very soft in order to mix well with crushed cookies)
• 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
• green food colorant
Crush the cookies with your kitchen appliance (I use Vorwerk Thermomix and for all the steps where I have to mix or heat the ingredients I put them in the bowl and apply the needed temperature and speed) untill you obtain the dust consistence, then add butter, honey and gel and mix all together. Put the the mix in the cake mold and distribute well on the bottom and the boards of the mold. Put the mold in the fridge for one hour.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CREAM :
• 500 gr of whipping cream
• 10 gr di gelatin sheets (soaked in cold water for 10 min and then squeezed), In my country we have gelatine in sheets, if in your country you have instant gelatin, just put 10 gr of instant product (not sure though if it needs to be heated).
• 250 gr of mascarpone cheese
Put in the pan 50 gr of whipping cream and gelatin (soaked and squeezed, without water), heat for 5 min at the temperature 60 degrees Celsius stirring the mix in the process. After add mascarpone and the rest of the whipping cream for 30 seconds and mix it all actively in the process.
Put all the mix in the mold and distribute evenly over the cookies base. Leave it is the fridge for a couple of hours to solidify.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE JELLY TOP :
• 350/400 gr of a fresh watermelon
• 8 gr of gelatin sheets
• 2 teaspoons of sugar
Make a squeezed juice from a watermelon (depends what appliance you have at home, like a juice maker of you can make it manually.). Pour it in the pan, add sugar and heat 5 min at the 100 degrees Celsius stirring it constantly. Meanwhile prepare gelatin sheets by soaking them in the water. Then squeeze them and add to the juice+sugar mix and mix them other 20 seconds. Wait untill it is not very hot and pour it over the cheesecake. Leave it in the fridge for at least couple of hours. Decorate with chocolate chips.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe very much!